When I started my blog I didn’t think I would get many readers interacting and enjoying my work. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of people were reading and enjoying my content.
My blog started off as part of a University project for my journalism course, but I have grown to love writing content for you all and it is something I will definitely be continuing.
Writing and the Goth subculture are two things I’m very passionate about. So combining the two together to create this blog has allowed me to express my views and opinions and share my interests with you all.
For me, blogging has became a hobby of mine and I put a lot of dedication into coming up with ideas and creative content that I think my viewers would like.
So naturally I was so pleased when Lulu_chan★ nominated me for the 2018 Liebster Award. I’d like to thank her and recommend you check out her blog.
So for those who don’t know about the Liebster Award, here are the rules:
- Give some recognition and promotion to the blogger who nominated you.
- Create a post about the award on your blog.
- Give a reason you are passionate about blog posting.
- Answer the 10 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs.
- Inform those bloggers you nominated them.
- Make sure you put these rules on your post so everyone else knows what to do!
So here are the 10 questions I have been asked:
- Favourite colour?
If I were to give the obvious answer, being a goth, it would have to be black. But if I had to pick a colour other than black, it would be purple.
2. If you had to choose between your life or your honour which would you choose?
This is a good question. I had to think about this for a while, because I thought it would depend on the context of how your honour would be lost. However, when you define ‘honour’ it means to be respected and I personally am not one to fuss over what other people think of me. I think what you feel about your own self-worth is more important. Therefore, I would choose life, over honour.
3. Favourite band or singer?
This one is difficult! I’m a massive music lover and there are so many people I adore. I think if I had to choose based upon who I listen to most I would say The Cure.
4. Song that makes you dance at the moment?
Snap Out Of It by Arctic Monkeys. This song never fails to lift my mood and get me dancing.
5. Best 2017 decision?
Setting up this blog!
6. Cat lover or dog lover?
I’m a big animal lover, but if I had to choose one it would be cats.
7. Why WordPress and not the app Blog on Google?
I had a blog on here a few years ago, but I didn’t have a main theme and it didn’t feel personal enough, so I never felt the dedication to write for it and gave up. So when I decided to set up this blog, I used WordPress just because it was so familiar to me and I find it easier to navigate. This time I feel like I’m more focused on subjects that interest me, so I find the motivation to write comes a lot more easily.
8. Perfect day?
Not sure whether this means a day that I have lived through that was perfect or my idea of what a perfect day would be like. So I’m going to say visiting a cat cafe and being surrounded by fluffy companions comes pretty close to perfect!
9. How did you create your blog name?
My blog name sounds simple, but it actually took me ages to think of something suitable. In the end I decided on ‘The Everyday Alternative’, because being goth is not just a phase or a costume, I will continue to be alternative everyday.
10. What do you think about the Liebster Award?
I think it’s great because it gives small blogs the recognition they deserve.
So that’s it! My nominees are…
Here are 10 questions for you to answer should you choose to accept your nomination:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
- If you could visit a fantasy land from one of your favourite films, TV shows or books where would you pick?
- What food do you crave most often?
- What job would you be absolutely terrible at?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
- What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
- What song would you pay money to never hear again?
- Is there a quote you strive to live by?
- Would you rather be able to fly or turn invisible?
- If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
For more information about the Liebster Award, check the webpage here.